To-Die-For Tuna Melt Sandwiches
These are seriously the best tuna melt sandwiches I have ever had. Great for a rainy day with soup. I’ve only had tuna melts in a deli. This was my first time creating them at home. The tuna is from SafeCatch. Wild albacore tuna. I got the recipe from my friend at Joeography (check out his page for awesome travel and photography posts). He is also a fantastic cook.
The tuna used for this, from SafeCatch is the healthiest tuna (for humans and the planet) I’ve seen on the market. It is tested for mercury, is dolphin safe, BPA-free and more. The actual ingredient list on the label: Albacore Tuna. Some of the varieties have salt. That is it.
Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna
Using the best tuna for the most awesome tuna melt sandwiches. The recipe was easy to follow and quick to make.
Sandwiches almost ready to go in the oven. You can make them as an open-faced sandwich or add another slice of bread on top.
Ingredients (you can print recipe below):
- 4 cans tuna, drained.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled.
- 4 slices crusty bread.
- 8 thin slices tomato.
- 8 slices provolone.
- Mix everything except bread, tomato and provolone.
- Spread additional mayo on bread slices.
- Divide tuna equally on each slice of bread.
- Top with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese.
- Broil for approx 10-15 minutes, or until center is hot.
30 Valentine’s Day Recipes For Kids
Here are some really fantastic recipes. Simple ones kids can help make and some you can make for them. Breakfast, snacks and dessert. Great way to make Valentine’s Day a fun day without spending a lot of money. Add a touch of red food dye to milk. Have pink pancakes. There is even heart-shaped pizza. Make Valentine’s Day memorable the whole day long. You can even create some of these for their class, friends or your sweatheart.
- Sugar Cookie Valentine Day Brownies (The Monday Box).
- Vanilla Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting (Say Grace).
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (Baking Beauty).
- Easy Heart Pretzels (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn (Atlanta’s Mom).
- Heart-Shaped Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Treats (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes (Strength & Sunshine).
- Sprinkle Me With Love Cupcakes (Slapdash Mom).
- Be My Valentine Sugar Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes (Baking Beauty).
- Mini Valentine’s Cookies (Living Sweet Moments).
- Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow Mix (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Kiss Cookies (The Monday Box).
- Copycat Bounty Bar Hearts (Allergy Girl Eats).
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies (The Baking Fairy).
- Heart Shaped Food For Kids (Kennarry).
- Jello Hearts (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches (The Worktop).
- Strawberry Cookie Butter Heart Waffles (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Ganache Filled Sugar Cookie Cups (Happy Deal Happy Day).
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Granola (Strength & Sunshine).
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes (Easy Peasy & Fun).
- Strawberry White Chocolate Hearts (Family Food & Travel).
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bites (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Bouquet (Six Dollar Family).
- Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Red Pancake Hearts (The Frugal Navy Wife).
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs (Aileen Cooks).
- Red Velvet Poke Cake (Baking Beauty).
- Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes (The Baking Fairy).
Perfect Desserts For Lunches Everywhere: Otis Spunkmeyer
If you don’t know the brand name Otis Spunkmeyer you aren’t paying attention. These sweet treats have been in stores since 1979. Not only are they something many of us grew up with, they are also made with quality ingredients. No artificial colors, no artificial flavoring, no high fructose corn syrup and no artificial oils/over-processed oils.. Otis Spunkmeyer calls this their ‘No Funky Stuff.’ All of their snack-sized desserts come individually wrapped. Great to throw in a lunch or when on the go. I love the huge variety of snacks too.
All Sorts of Cakes, Muffins & Cookies
Here are three of their cakes available. Mini Loaf Cakes, Hot Chocolate Frosted Creme Cakes and Golden Mini Cupcakes. The mini cupcakes have a sweet cream filling.
Mini Muffins in Banana and Chocolate Chip. The Banana are my favorite! Each package comes with three bike-sized muffins. Cookies! Yum, right?! Chocolate Chunk Cookies and Double Chocolate Cookies. Great on their own and to-die-for dipped in a glass of milk. each box has 6 individually wrapped cookies. The cookies are packed full of chocolate and are delicious and moist.
Right now Otis Spunkmeyer has 17 different desserts to choose from. You can find them in your local store and order on Amazon.
Check out their crazy-cool recipes, like Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake and Mini Muffin Kabobs.
January BOGO Class Event Details!
From January 13th-January 15th you can BOGO classes from Craftsy!
Simply purchase one Craftsy class and get another Craftsy class of equal or lesser value for free! You don’t have to take the classes immediately but the deal to purchase them as a buy-one, get-one is for 2 days only!
Excludes classes from their Mastering in Minutes series and classes from our partner, The Great Courses. Limit one per user.
Share coupon code BOGOJAN17 at checkout for this fabulous sale!
- Cake Making.
- Home Decor.
- Tops & Blouses.
- and much, much more.
Find a project, DIY, learn a new hobby. You can learn these by yourself or with a friend! You can even let your kids join in. Learn together and then enjoy the family time creating new recipes or projects.