5 Ways To Relieve A Sore Throat Naturally
Having a sore throat does not mean racing to the medicine cabinet and taking medicine that helps with a dozen ailments. All of those drugs in your body might not be necessary. Instead, you can try to fight the sore throat, if it is a cold or flu coming on, and ease the ache naturally.
- Drink some hot tea. You can find some tea specifically for sore throats, or just have a mild tea. Make sure you add some honey and lemon. Caffeine-Free means you can give it to kids too or have it before bedtime.
2. Chew on some Pine Bros Softish Throat Relief. These are chews, but not squishy like gummies. They come in Vitamin C Orange flavor and Sugar-Free Wild Cherry. I like that while they are great for a sore throat, they also taste good. They have four flavors in all. They are great for coating the throat to help with minor irritations. I love that they’ve been around since the 1800’s too.
3. Gargle warm salt water. Simply get some warm water (not too hot but warm enough to dissolve the salt). Add some table salt, let it dissolve and then gargle and spit the water. This helps sooth the mouth and throat and also clean it.
4. If you have a post-nasal drip that is making you cough try a Neti Pot. It is a sinus rinse to help clear your sinus cavity. It is a little weird to use the first time but works great. I had a doctor recommend one for my daughter’s sinus infection and it helped clear it up a lot faster.
5. Make a drink of apple cider vinegar and honey in some water and drink warm (if you don’t want to drink it you can gargle it).
Make sure you are getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of water! These are easy to forget if we don’t feel too sick.