11 Tips For Having A Happy Puppy
We just got a border collie that is about 6-months-old. Einstein is a very smart dog (hence the name) but was never taught anything. She doesn’t know her name. Does not know how to walk on a leash. Does not know how to sit. So we have been trying to teacher her all of this. Having a loving, happy puppy means applies in many ways. We want her healthy and well fed with nutritious food. We want her to know dog commands so that she is obedient and welcome around friends and family. We definitely do not want to worry about her jumping on people (especially seniors or little kids), taking food from the table, running off if a door is open, biting, etc. We have started to train her with basic commands. Down (to not jump on people) and sit are the first ones. We took her to the vet and she got a clean bill of health. As for her diet, we are feeding her Purina Beyond dry dog food. She likes the Beyond Salmon Egg and Pumpkin Natural Recipe Superfood Blend very much and I like that the balanced diet the dog food provides. It has real fish in it and fish is the #1 ingredient. Plus no corn, wheat or soy products. I like that every bad has safety sourced ingredients too.
Have An Obedient Dog
- A dog that is well behaved is welcome around more often and not locked outside or in a kennel. Make sure you research this. Go to a dog training class. Search YouTube tutorials from respectable sources.
- Five essential commands are: Sit, Come, Down, Stay and Leave it. The last one could apply to other dogs, you coming across a snake on a trail, a squirrel in a tree, etc.
- Social your dog. Once your dog has rabies shots you should bring it around other dogs. Go to the park, dog park, on walks and other places dogs are welcome. Teach your dog to get along with other dogs.
Health & Exercise
- Get your dog a good leash and collar and go for daily walks. My sister gets too tired before her dog so taught him to run next to her while she rides her bike. Different breeds have a variety of energy levels and you will have to see how much exercise is good for your dog. Not only is exercise good for weight management but it is great for a dog to get outside stimulation so it is not bored.
- Feed your dog a healthy balanced diet. Purina Beyond dry dog food has no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives.
- Limit dog treats to being a small part of rewards. You can also tell your dog ‘good girl’ or show affection with petting and hugs.
- With warmer weather make sure your dog is not too hot. In California temperatures can get over 110 for a few days in a row. This is too hot for a dog to be outside in the sun. We got Einstein a dog bed and kennel in the shade plus her water bowl has an automatic refill. We can have the groomers trim her to keep her hair a little shorter too so she does not overheat.
- Do not give dogs table scraps. You don’t want them taking food from people, dogs are allergic to some people foods and it is not made for their diet.
Toys, Tricks & Brain Exercises
- Rotate toys so your dog doesn’t get bored.
- Teach your dog new tricks. There are endless ones and not only is this good brain exercise for your dog, it is great when you have company over and your dog knows adorable commandments like, ‘Count to three’ or ‘play dead.’
- Go for car rides. Dogs love to put their head out the window and take in all the scenery and smells.Purina Beyond dry dog food is available at Ralphs and right now you are print a $3 digital coupon. Available until 6/29/17. You can try the Beyond Salmon Egg and Pumpkin Natural Recipe Superfood Blend or some of the other Purina Beyond choices. There are many reasons I feed Einstein Purina Beyond. I really think it is the best choice for a healthy, well balanced diet for my dog.
Einstein loves going camping and on hikes too. Her she is with Mr. Pickles. I love having a happy puppy and and she makes the whole family smile.
10 Mother’s Day Gifts: Something For Every Mom
Shopping for a gift for Mother’s Day isn’t easy. Some people have multiple moms, grandmas, spouses. Most have different interests. Trying to find the perfect gift for them is sometimes overwhelming. Check out my reviews on some items I received that will be going to my mom and two grandmas for Mother’s Day. Hope you like some of the ideas and they inspire you. Feel free to click on the photos or links to learn more from the product’s website or purchase the items.
Skin Care Naturally
Beessential has all sorts of skin care products for all ages. I love that they are all natural and made by hand with fresh ingredients, like honey and beeswax. Products are also parabens-free and most cater to sensitive skin. For a review I received:
- Beecology Shampoo and conditioner.
- Original Honey Hand & Body Cream. *This is fragrance-free so a perfect gift for my mom.
- Foaming hand soap in Grapefruit & Lemongrass.
- Foaming hand soap in Peppermint & Aloe.
- Three pack of lip balm in Lime & Coconut.
- Three pack of lip balm in Rose & Mint. *I stashed some of these away for the kids for Easter too.
- Dead Sea Mud bar of soap.
All of Beessential products are made in Cleveland Ohio by bee keepers passionate about honey.
Instavit Travel Kit
Perfect for wellbeing an health while on the road or in a plane. No one wants to get sick while traveling and this is a great kit for moms that are on the go. Each set comes in a resealable plastic bag with four Instavit 0.24-o.5 fl oz containers. Small enough for carry on and yet big enough for multiple uses. Each one is a zero calorie spray with a great taste.
In my Instavit Travel Kit:
Sweet Dreams; Sleep aid supplement with melatonin and chamomile.
Instant Energy; Oral energy spray supplement with caffeine and B12.
Vitamin D supplement. 1250 IU (313% of daily value).
Immune Strength; Nutritional supplement to help support immune health.
Low-Carb Kitchen Sweets
Some moms have a sweet tooth but have restrictions of sugar, dairy or carbs. Check out Rigoni di Asiago’s variety of products. I love that not only are they all organic but the ingredient list is short. I received three products for a review from Rigoni di Asiago. All products are Kosher.
- Nocciolata Dairy-Free Organic Hazelnut & Cocoa Spread. This is also gluten-free and vegan. Delicious on fruit or toast.
- Dolcedi Low Glycemic Sweetener from Apples. This is the first time I’ve heard of this product and I am excited to try it since I am diabetic and try to watch my sugar intake. Dolcedi is a natural alternative to sugar and is vegan. It can be used in tea, coffee, with baking, etc as a substitute for sugar. It is made of only one ingredient: Concentrated organic apple juice.
- Fiordifrutta Organic Fruit Spread: Strawberries & Wild Strawberries. This is a fruit spread made of strawberries, apple juice, wild strawberries and pectin. That is it. Just four ingredients. Use it on biscuits or croissants. For PB&J (my go-to sandwich) or how every you fancy eating it.
Earrings from 7 Charming Sisters
From earrings to watches, bracelets and necklaces, if you are shopping for jewerly you have to check out the selection and prices from 7 Charming Sisters.
I received two pairs of earrings for a review. I tend to like dangly ones but other moms might like bright ones, or studs. I love the large variety. Definitely a ‘something for everyone’ type of jewerly store. Not only that, they are a great company helping people with disabilities find employment and 7 Charming Sisters employs disabled people in their studio.
All Hail The Queen are so pretty. They actually look better in person but were hard to photograph. I love all the two separate pieces joined together with purple stones.These are the Feisty Earrings. *Yeah, all their jewerly has rocking cool names. I like the three pieces-in-one hanging. They are very lightweight and can be easily worn all day long. They are Silver plated concentric tear drops rimmed with rhinestones.
Jumping Out To Say I Love You
LovePop Cards has the cutest cards ever and hundreds to choose from! The cards all ship flat and fit in normal envelopes but when you open them they are totally 3-D paper that just pops out! I’ve already given one to my grandma and one to my neighbor. These are my new favorite greeting card. Great cards to say Happy Mother’s Day, I love You, Congrats on a wedding or graduation and more. The selection on different type of love ones is huge too! You can get non-specific cards too. Like a tree or a dragon.
Get in the bath and detox your body with One With Nature. Products are all 100% dead sea mineral salts containing 21 minerals. Great for skin, blood circulation, skin allergies, rashes, pain relief from arthritis and more. They are all 100% natural.
- Camel Milk African Black Soap.
- Activated Charcoal Triple Milled Mineral Soap with Argan Oil & Shea Butter.
- Fragrance-Free Dead Sea Mineral Salts.
Don’t Forget the Candles!
This candle smells sooooo good! It looks like a mug of coffee with whip cream on top but is really a Hazelnut Latte candle. Lit Candles has seasonal candles and some that can be purchased all year long. They are all-natural soy candles and a great ‘here is a cup of coffee-smell’ gift. Bring into the bathroom for a relaxing bath with some flickering candle light.
Chocolate- For Any Mom
Maybe not all moms like chocolate, but they should! Especially when it is delicious chocolate from Tony’s Chocolonely! I love the assortment of types, dark, chocolate caramel sea salt, chocolate pecan coconut, almond and sea salt dark chocolate, dark coffee crunch and more. Yes, they taste great. Yes, of course, I tried them. Check out the opened one. Tony’s Chocolonely believes not everyone that wants to eat a piece of chocolate wants the same size, so they pre-scored the bars to break in all sorts of sized pieces. Have a nibble. Have a bigger piece. Enjoy all seven types. They all come from slave-free chocolate and have goals to make all chocolate free from slave labor.
Low-Cal, Low-Carb Frozen Desserts
I’d call it ice cream but it is really something more. Definitely a low-glycemic sweet-tooth helper. Arctic Zero made a whole new category for desserts! It is also lactose-free, kosher, GMO-free and made with quality organic ingredients. With brand new flavors you’ll want to try them all. The Peanut Butter Swirl is my favorite! Try over 20 flavors plus 5 flavors of dipped bars (I tried the cake batter ones and they are to-die-for). All are low-fat and vegetarian. They come in chunky, creamy and bars and are made in California.
Why The Perfect Bed Might Be On Your Front Porch
Finding a good quality bed at a good price isn’t always easy. Having to deal with sizes, how firm, quality, warranty, etc. is a pain to deal with. Going store-to-store shopping is not my cup of tea either. I found this really awesome company called Eight that has beds in all the regular sizes (king, queen, twin, California king) and they are delivered to my front porch! The boxes have the mattresses rolled up and the air sucked out so they ship super small and expand once opened. Finding a soft, comfortable mattress is the difference in a so-so and a great night’s sleep. If you have been searching for the perfect bed, look no more! Check out Eight’s foam mattresses and see what you have been missing out on.
Kids carrying in the mattress to put on top of the box spring. It was heavy but not too bad.
We watched it expand to full size in a few minutes. It was pretty cool to watch! Crazy how small it was before we unwrapped it.
Time To Get A Perfect Night’s Sleep!
Ta-Dah! The mattress is ready to sleep on. Just add sheets, blankets and pillows. Get a great night’s sleep with Eight’s sleep mattresses! The perfect bed just got a little easier to buy.
Want to save money? Check out this deal: $65 off Sleep Trackers!
Just use code: TRACKSLEEP65
Click here to go to their website: $65 Off the Sleep Tracker with Code: TRACKSLEEP65 (valid only for sleep trackers)
When it comes to comfort, Eight foam mattresses are king (…or queen, California king, or whichever size you’d like). Eight’s research shows that people who sleep on foam mattresses get the most deep sleep: 21.3% deep sleep per night compared to 19.8% deep sleep on latex, 18.8% on gel or gel- infused layers, and 10% on innerspring.
The Eight Mattress is unique in that it has not three, but four foam layers for your optimal relaxation. Eight’s bed has four high density foam layers that provide the perfect amount of support. This is the bed for all the Goldilocks in the world; it is not too firm, but not too soft. It forms to your body shape, but bounces back. It is supportive with no pressure, and cozy without being too warm or cool. Each of the four foams are CertiPUR-US certified.
- 1st layer: 2 inch reactive poly foam, density of 3.0 PCF (pounds per cubic foot), bounces like latex but feels like foam, provides comfort while staying cool.
- 2nd layer: 2 inch contouring memory foam, 4.0 PCF, provides pressure relief.
- 3rd layer: 2 inch supportive transition poly foam, 1.8 PCF, adds additional comfort and weight distribution.
- 4th layer: 4 inch high density support base foam, 1.8 PCF, provides a durable foundation, highly breathable, adds the right amount of firmness.
The high density of the foam in Eight mattresses sets them apart from competitors. This allows you to get the most comfortable, undisturbed sleep.
The Eight foam mattress does not transfer movement, so it is ideal if you sleep with a partner or pet who tosses and turns during the night.
Eight’s mattresses are manufactured in America. Compared to other top brands, their foam mattresses are smartly priced.
- Twin: 39” x 75” x 10” for $525.00
- Twin XL: 39” x 80” x 10” for $562.50
- Full: 54” x 75” x 10” for $750.00
- Queen: 60” x 80” x 10” for $850.00
- King: 76” x 80” x 10” for $950.00
- California King: 72” x 84” x 10” for $950.00
Not sure if the Eight Mattress is for you? Eight offers a 100 night trial and free shipping and returns if you don’t love it. The mattress comes with a 10 year limited warranty. Eight also has a showroom in New York where you can test out the mattress as well as other products they offer.
Don’t forget summer is almost here! Get comfortable pajamas for warm summer nights.
Why Is Bedtime So Important For Your Kids?
Parents all over the world know the stress of trying to put their kids to bed. It’s the same routine every night, the clock hits their bedtime, and you tell them it’s time to go to sleep. There are at least ten minutes of complaining and pleading until they eventually give up and move. Then, it’s a very slow walk to the bathroom followed by the slowest teeth brushing you’ve ever seen as they keep speaking midway through and asking if they can stay up. There’s even more pleading, then they finally end up in bed nearly an hour after you asked them.
That’s on a good day, some days it can be even worse, and there’s kicking and screaming, and it’s a real pain. The stress of putting young kids to bed can be a real problem, particularly for single parents who have no additional help. It leads you to think, what’s the point? Why don’t you just let your kids go to bed whenever?
Well, that’s where this post comes into play. Today, I want to talk to you about the importance of bedtime for your kids and why you need to keep plugging away and putting them to sleep on time, every day.
Your Children Get More Sleep
The primary importance of bedtime is to ensure your kids get as much sleep as possible. Children use up a lot of energy, and they need to sleep for at least eight hours to fully recharge and not be tired again the next day. With a bedtime, you give them a specific time to go to bed, meaning they have a better chance of getting the sleep they need. So, they wake up every day and are full of energy once more. There are probably times where you wish your child didn’t have so much energy! However, it’s important that they’re like this as they need to have energy for school or nursery. A tired child is not a great thing.
Your Children’s Bodies Become Tuned InTo A Schedule
When you send your kids to bed at the same time every day, their bodies start getting accustomed to that schedule. Their body clock knows when bedtime is approaching, and they start getting more tired and will be ready to sleep at around about the same time every night. Does this mean they’ll be happy and compliant when you put them to bed? No, it won’t! But it will mean they’ll fall asleep quickly when they’re finally tucked away. If you let them sleep whenever they want, their body clock will be all over the place.
Your Children Develop When They’re Asleep
Finally, bedtime is important as it helps your children develop. As I mentioned, a proper and strict bedtime puts your kids to sleep at the same time every night. While they sleep, their brain develops, and their body develops too. They grow more if they sleep more, and they’ll be more attentive and observant with a full night of sleep behind them. The best way to ensure they get that sleep is to give them their bedtime and stick to it every day.
Now that you’ve seen why bedtime is important, it’s only fair to help you out by providing some advice. Below, you will see some short advice on how you can make bedtime easier for you, and get your kids asleep a lot quicker.
Make Their Bed Comfy
The easiest thing you can do is make your kids bed really comfy. Give them thick duvets and big pillows like the ones on the Plumeria Bay website. Make sure their mattress is nice and comfy too, so they can’t wait to get into bed. They’ll be eager to jump in bed and just melt away into their sheets. They’ll be more relaxed, and will fall asleep so quickly.
Fake Their Bedtime
Another great tip is to fake their bedtime. Have a time in your head when you want them to be asleep, and then tell them their bedtime is earlier. So, when they kick up a fuss, you can act all nice and say okay, ten more minutes! Your child will be happy and think they’ve secured a win as they get to stay up for longer. Then, when the extra time is up, they’ll be far more compliant. But, they didn’t really win, you just got them ready for bed earlier than you intended. It’s a sneaky move, but it works.
By doing just these two things, you will find bedtime a lot easier to manage. Now, you get to see the benefits a nice long sleep has on your child. Plus, it gives you some time to relax before you go to bed too.