5 Delicious St. Patrick’s Day Drinks For Adults
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 1/2 ounces Sour Apple Pucker
- 1 1/2 ounces Sparkling Ice Crisp Apple
- 2 cups of ice
- Apple wedges for garnish (optional)
1.Fill a martini shaker with ice.
2.Pour in the vodka, sour apple pucker and juice into shaker.
4.Garnish with an apple wedge
Shamrock Lime Sherbet Punch
- Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
- Lime Sherbet
- Pineapple juice
1.Fill glass 1/3 way with Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
2.Fill glass 1/3 was with Pineapple juice
3.Top with two scoops of Lime Sherbet
Sparkling Cucumber Lemonade
- 4 oz. Sparkling Ice Classic Lemonade
- 1 ½ oz. Vodka
- Cucumber and Lemon Slices
- Muddle a few cucumber sliced with vodka. Strain and pour into a tall chilled glass over ice
- Top with Sparkling Ice Classic Lemonade
- Garnish with lemon and cucumber slices
Sparkling Mint Mojito
- 5 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
- 1 ½ oz White rum
- 6 Mint leaves lightly muddled
- Splash of lime
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake and pour into a chilled tall glass.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
Sparkling Lemon Lime Margarita
- 3 oz Sparkling Ice Lemon Lime
- 1 ½ oz Tequila
- Splash of fresh squeezed orange
- Fresh squeezed lime
- Shake and pour into a chilled rocks glass rimmed in salt.
- Garnish with a lime slice.
10 Tips For Migraine Suffers
Having a migraine is not fun, to say the least, but did you know there are some tricks and tips to avoid triggering them? There are various reasons people suffer from migraines. Not all are fixable. Some things that trigger one person might not for another and the same thing goes for treatments. My sister has suffered from migraines for a few decades. One of her big triggers is chocolate. I have a friend that gets a migraine every time the barometer has a large change in one day. Even if she is indoors with the A/C or heater. Just the outdoor pressure triggers one. If you aren’t sure what is triggering them, then a good idea is to make a journal of events, exercise and diet to try to see if there is a pattern. It is good to consult with a doctor too, since there are some medications that help with migraines. Once you have one, than there are other things you can do to try to lessen the severity and duration.
Migraine Triggers You Might Not Know About
- Avoid aged cheese and wine and any foods that seem to cause migraines for you. Everyone is different.
- Strong odors, like perfume, can be a headache and migraine trigger.
- Change in sleeping patterns (like sleeping in on the weekend) can cause migraines. Try to make sure you get up and go to sleep at the same time.
- Excessive exercise, including sex, can trigger a migraine.
- Let’s not forget a big one, stress. Reducing stress in your life can make a big difference in how often you get migraine headaches.
Ways To Get Rid of A Migraine
Once you have one- now what? Here are a few ideas to get rid of one so you can be back to your normal life faster.
- Try out this awesome cooling Migraine Hat. It might look a little funny but if it helps, why not, right? Actually, it sorta looks like wearing a beanie, so you can bring it to work or wear it in the car. It is hands-free and wraps around your head with cooling packs and is one-size-fits-all. You can pull it over your eyes and ears to block out the sun and some sound too.
- Try some nuts, grapes, turkey or ginger root. These are all foods that help reduce migraines.
- Get a massage. Make sure they work on the pressure points on your head and neck.
- Add some supplements to your daily diet. Melatonin, Omega 3 fish oils, peppermint oil and Vitamin D.
- Reduce the lights. Dimming the lights during a migraine will help reduce the light sensor. If you go outside make sure you wear sunglasses.
5 Items To Pack For A Track Meet
Track season is upon us and parents everywhere are attending weekend track meets for their kids. For those new to track, it might seem daunting to know what to bring. Especially if you are there for most of the day. You’ll want to pack enough, without bringing enough for a getaway. Here are a few tips from a seasoned track mom on what to pack.
- Make sure you wear comfortable clothing. Something you can wear if you are volunteering on the field, tag pulling, or working at the field events (our track team requires 8 volunteer hours per child on the team). If you get there at 6am for set-up it will be cold. The meet usually starts at 8:30am and runs until about 2 or 3pm with tear-down after that. I like to have my daughter pick a few events for each meet that are close in time. That way we are there for about 4 hours but not the entire day. I really love the comfortable and stylish clothing Fabletics offers. I like to wear a track-mom shirt and shorts or leggings with sneakers and I bring a light long-sleeve shirt or cardigan. Something lightweight to carry if I’m running around.
- Bring water and light snacks. Most track locations have a snack bar but the options are like a movie theater (hot dogs, nachos, chips, ring pops, etc). If you want to eat healthy bring something light that won’t melt or bring a small portable ice chest. I like packing nuts, cheese and crackers, ice cold water and some granola bars.
I have a portable ice chest like this one and it has lasted me over 10 years!
3. Be prepared to sit or stand in the sun for hours. Some teams have Easy-Ups but if it is a hot day the kids pack under them and there is no room. Most stadiums do not allow them anywhere except the highest steps. So if you aren’t there at 6:30am, there will be no place to put yours. Some people bring umbrellas, super large umbrellas or beach shades. But those block the view from others and get caught by the wind and blow into other people. So if you bring one, it is only allowed at the very front of the seats, or on the ground, on the sides of the stadium. You will need to anchor it some how so it does not blow away. Most people bring blankets to put inside or lounge chairs. If you get a sunshade, make sure you get one that is portable and easy to setup/teardown.
4. Do not forget sunscreen! For yourself and your athletes. You will be in the sun, a lot! Best way to avoid becoming a lobster is to get a good sunhat and apply lots of sunscreen. The athletes will be in the sun during staging, warm-ups and while they are competing. Make sure they apply sunscreen under their warm-up clothes so they don’t get burnt in their uniform.
5. Get some type of seat cushion if you are sitting in the bleachers. Most bleachers are concrete or metal and if I’ve been sitting on them for a few hours my hips are hurting me. A simple padded cushion works for me (and is less to carry). Some people like to purchase stadium seats that have backs to them and pockets. Some even have an overhead awning. Figure out what you want to carry and what is comfortable for you. But bring one for yourself and your athlete (to sit on when he/she isn’t competing).
Things to Demand From Your Carpet Cleaner
Are you unhappy with the job that your current carpet cleaning company has done for you? If so, you will need to find a new company to clean your carpets as soon as possible. You should not make the mistake of hiring the first company you see listed online or in your local phone book. You need to be much more selective than that if you truly care about the condition that your carpeting is in. The following are some essential items that you should demand from the company that you eventually hire to clean the carpeting in your home.
1. You need to be certain that the carpet cleaners you hire have a valid license to work in your state.
Most people just assume that their carpet cleaners are all licensed. Therefore, they do not think to ask to see this credential before the people begin working in their home. unfortunately, there are many unlicensed carpet cleaners out there. Why is it so important for your carpet cleaners to have a license? A person will need to pass exams held by their state to show that they know how to safely use their cleaning equipment and chemicals. There are also cleaning techniques that they must learn in order to get a license. Unlicensed carpet cleaners will not have these skills.
2. Verify that your carpet cleaners all have current insurance coverage.
You never know when something will go wrong. A carpet cleaner could have an accident that damages your property while they are cleaning your home. This is why it is so important to find out if your carpet cleaners have insurance coverage. This insurance will reimburse you for any damage to your home or property that the carpet cleaners might cause while they are working. You should never allow carpet cleaners into your home unless you see their current proof of insurance.
3. Your carpet cleaners should not leave until you are completely satisfied with the work they have done.
Do not hire a carpet cleaning company that simply packs up and leaves without asking you if you are satisfied with their work. Green Choice Carpet Cleaning of NJ is an example of a company that will keep working until you are happy. You should also look for a company that uses Eco-friendly cleaning supplies so your pets and family will not get sick.