Chicken & Mushroom Fricassee Recipe
Print and save this amazing Chicken & Mushroom Fricassee Recipe for dinner time with your family or when guests are over.
This was mine, plus a dinner salad. Being diabetic means I try to have lots of greens and eat low-carb meals.
I found this recipe online and did a few tweaks to it, to suit my family’s tastes. It was quick and easy to make. Total prep and cook time was about 35 minutes. Most of the ingredients are ones I have at home on a daily basis. Just had to make sure I had some fresh mushrooms. Luckily chicken was on sale at the store this week so I had some on hand. I was planning on making spaghetti for dinner but had some chicken that needed to be cooked and this recipe popped into my head. Hope you love it as much as we did. This was also a 1-pan-meal, besides the pasta, so there wasn’t a lot of dishes. Feel free to scroll down and print it to save for later.
Shout Out To Organic & Healthy Food
Some of the ingredients for the Chicken & Mushroom Fricassee I used are from ShiftCon. I wasn’t able to make it to the conference but have received some awesome products in the mail from some of the sponsors. I used Organic Valley GHEE clarified butter instead of regular butter. It is great for sauteing. Chosen Foods Avocado Oil (instead of the olive oil the recipe had). Avocado oil has a very high smoke point (500 degrees F) and has no added ingredients. For the Italian seasoning I used Epicurean Organics Grilling Herbs. The jar includes a ix of garlic, rosemary, black pepper, onion, thyme and organic herbs. The mushrooms, lemon and garlic I bought fresh from the store. My son isn’t a fan of mushrooms so next time I make this I might try to make it in two batches and omit the mushrooms, or remove them before serving (and he’ll never know). Chicken has lots of protein so is a great way to get some protein in my day while having an amazing meal! I even had leftovers for lunch (in new lettuce wraps) the next day.
I served the recipe on a bed of warm pasta for this kids but made it as a lettuce wrap (low carb) for myself. It can also be served on rice or quinoa.
- 4 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 1 Table spoon GHEE butter.
- 1 Tablespoon Avocado oil.
- 5-7 medium mushrooms. Washed and sliced.
- 1/2 of a large onion, diced.
- 2 Tablespoons flour.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- 1 16 oz can of chicken broth.
- 1/2 cup sour cream.
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning.
- A few pieces of fresh lettuce for a lettuce wrap or some cooked pasta, rice or quinoa (whatever you want to serve it on).
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Extras you can add, like shredded cheese or sliced avocado.
- Instructions:Head a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add avocado oil, GHEE, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Melt everything, stiring frequently, until garlic is lightly browned.
- Salt and pepper chicken and add to pan.
- Cook chicken 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set on a plate.
- Add mushrooms and onions to pan (can add more avocado oil if needed).
- Cook 3-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add chicken broth and flour.
- Mix well and lower flame to medium-low and let simmer.
- Add chicken to pan and continue to simmer for about 10 more minutes, letting the liquids cook down some.
- Stir often.
- In separate bowl mix lemon juice and sour cream (I squeezed the juice out of a fresh lemon). Mix well and add to the pan.
- Still everything together.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 4-5 minutes so sauce can thicken.
- Scoop into a lettuce wrap or serve on warm pasta, rice or quinoa.