To-Die-For Tuna Melt Sandwiches
These are seriously the best tuna melt sandwiches I have ever had. Great for a rainy day with soup. I’ve only had tuna melts in a deli. This was my first time creating them at home. The tuna is from SafeCatch. Wild albacore tuna. I got the recipe from my friend at Joeography (check out his page for awesome travel and photography posts). He is also a fantastic cook.
The tuna used for this, from SafeCatch is the healthiest tuna (for humans and the planet) I’ve seen on the market. It is tested for mercury, is dolphin safe, BPA-free and more. The actual ingredient list on the label: Albacore Tuna. Some of the varieties have salt. That is it.
Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna
Using the best tuna for the most awesome tuna melt sandwiches. The recipe was easy to follow and quick to make.
Sandwiches almost ready to go in the oven. You can make them as an open-faced sandwich or add another slice of bread on top.
Ingredients (you can print recipe below):
- 4 cans tuna, drained.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled.
- 4 slices crusty bread.
- 8 thin slices tomato.
- 8 slices provolone.
- Mix everything except bread, tomato and provolone.
- Spread additional mayo on bread slices.
- Divide tuna equally on each slice of bread.
- Top with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese.
- Broil for approx 10-15 minutes, or until center is hot.
30 Valentine’s Day Recipes For Kids
Here are some really fantastic recipes. Simple ones kids can help make and some you can make for them. Breakfast, snacks and dessert. Great way to make Valentine’s Day a fun day without spending a lot of money. Add a touch of red food dye to milk. Have pink pancakes. There is even heart-shaped pizza. Make Valentine’s Day memorable the whole day long. You can even create some of these for their class, friends or your sweatheart.
- Sugar Cookie Valentine Day Brownies (The Monday Box).
- Vanilla Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting (Say Grace).
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (Baking Beauty).
- Easy Heart Pretzels (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn (Atlanta’s Mom).
- Heart-Shaped Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Treats (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes (Strength & Sunshine).
- Sprinkle Me With Love Cupcakes (Slapdash Mom).
- Be My Valentine Sugar Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes (Baking Beauty).
- Mini Valentine’s Cookies (Living Sweet Moments).
- Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow Mix (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Kiss Cookies (The Monday Box).
- Copycat Bounty Bar Hearts (Allergy Girl Eats).
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies (The Baking Fairy).
- Heart Shaped Food For Kids (Kennarry).
- Jello Hearts (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches (The Worktop).
- Strawberry Cookie Butter Heart Waffles (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Ganache Filled Sugar Cookie Cups (Happy Deal Happy Day).
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Granola (Strength & Sunshine).
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes (Easy Peasy & Fun).
- Strawberry White Chocolate Hearts (Family Food & Travel).
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bites (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Bouquet (Six Dollar Family).
- Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Red Pancake Hearts (The Frugal Navy Wife).
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs (Aileen Cooks).
- Red Velvet Poke Cake (Baking Beauty).
- Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes (The Baking Fairy).
11 Easy Tofu Recipes For The New Year
Making meals without meat is a lot easier with tofu. It is versatile, can be made in many different ways, changed by the seasoning or marinade used and is a source of amino acids, iron, calcium and more. I love using my EZ Tofu Press when using tofu in recipes since it helps get out all the excess water allowing the tofu to absorb more flavor. Check out these eleven delicious recipes with tofu (some are vegan, some have seafood in them). Share your favorite tofu recipe in the comments! Maybe we’ll create your recipe next.
Korean Soft Tofu Stew Recipe (Mom Are We There Yet).
Tofu Nuggets (Slap Dash Mom).
Yum Yum Tofu Bowl (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Breaded Baked Tofu (Mama Likes To Cook).
Traditional Tacos With Tofu (Letty’s Kitchen).
Tofu Steaks (Slap Dash Mom).
Tofu Parmesan (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Vegetarian Tofu Stir Fry (Mama Likes To Cook).
Healthy Paprika Kale, Baked Tofu and Almonds (Letty’s Kitchen).
Korean Barbecue Tofu Bowl (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Vegan Creamy Spinach Soup (Mama Likes To Cook).
Miso Soup (Mom Are We There Yet).
Enter to win your own Ez Tofu Press.
Korean Soft Tofu Stew Recipe
I love creating new recipes and since my daughter has recently become a Pescetarian I am trying to find new foods with protein that are healthy and she will enjoy. I just got a brand new EZ Tofu Press and so a friend suggested this recipe. It was my first time making it but I’m sure it will be made a lot more since it is now a family favorite. The ingredients are pretty easy but make sure you have them all ahead of time to save the hassle of having to run to the store. Feel free to print this to save for later. It is a delicious and hearty stew!
First get your tofu and remove all of the excess water using the EZ Tofu Press leave it while you get all of the other ingredients out. Before adding to recipe remove the tofu from the EZ Tofu Press and slice it into strips about 2-3 inches long.
EZ Tofu Press (available on Amazon for $19.99).
1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
1 teaspoon Korean chili powder.
1 Tablespoon Korean soybean paste.
1 Cup water.
1 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon pepper.
1 package (12 oz) soft tofu drained and sliced.
1 green onion, chopped.
1 package small oysters.
1 package small shrimp.
In a large sauce pan heat vegetable oil. Stir in chili powder and soybean paste until mixed. Add water and bring to boil. Add salt and pepper. Gently drop tofu into soup. Add oysters and shrimp. Cook until tofu is heated, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add egg into the soup. Do NOT stir (you’ll break up the egg). Gently scoop into bowls. Garnish with green onion.
Print It here:
For this recipe we tripled it and had enough for 4 people as a main dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.
If you do not eat seafood simply omit it and have the tofu only. You can also add more salt and pepper to taste.
22 Fun Adult Drinks & Cocktails
Fun adult drinks you can make at home. Margaritas, sangria, slushies, martinis and more. Great for holiday parties, New Years, summer fun and more. Share with your friends. Easy to print recipes.
- Cranberry Lime Vodka Tonic (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Crash & Burn Cocktail (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail (Spend With Pennies).
- Mint Cucumber Lime Crush (Gray is the New Black).
- Strawberry Pina Colada Lava Flow (Swanky Recipes).
- Three Ingredient Sangria (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Blackberry Lemon Ginger Fuzz (The Frugal Fairy).
- Appletini (Baking Beauty).
- Orange Grapefruit Margarita (Family, Food & Travel).
- Peach & Honey Sangria Slushies (Snappy Gourmet).
- Blood Orange Paloma (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Chocolate Banana Martini (Tales of a Ranting Ginger).
- Mixed Berry Moscato Sangria (The Baking Fairy).
- White Wine Strawberry Lemonade Sangria (Fancy Shanty).
- Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch (All She Cooks).
- Blue Hawaiian Cocktail (Baking Beauty).
- Adult Root Beer Float (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Lemon Meringue Martini (Honey & Lime).
- Watermelon Mojito (Call Me PMC).
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margarita (Family, Food & Travel).
- Lemon, Lime & Mink Lemonade (Pastels & Macaroons).
- Twisted Red Kinky Porn Cocktail (Tales of a Ranting Ginger).