11 Easy Tofu Recipes For The New Year
Making meals without meat is a lot easier with tofu. It is versatile, can be made in many different ways, changed by the seasoning or marinade used and is a source of amino acids, iron, calcium and more. I love using my EZ Tofu Press when using tofu in recipes since it helps get out all the excess water allowing the tofu to absorb more flavor. Check out these eleven delicious recipes with tofu (some are vegan, some have seafood in them). Share your favorite tofu recipe in the comments! Maybe we’ll create your recipe next.
Korean Soft Tofu Stew Recipe (Mom Are We There Yet).
Tofu Nuggets (Slap Dash Mom).
Yum Yum Tofu Bowl (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Breaded Baked Tofu (Mama Likes To Cook).
Traditional Tacos With Tofu (Letty’s Kitchen).
Tofu Steaks (Slap Dash Mom).
Tofu Parmesan (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Vegetarian Tofu Stir Fry (Mama Likes To Cook).
Healthy Paprika Kale, Baked Tofu and Almonds (Letty’s Kitchen).
Korean Barbecue Tofu Bowl (Hezzi-D’s Books & Cooks).
Vegan Creamy Spinach Soup (Mama Likes To Cook).
Miso Soup (Mom Are We There Yet).
Enter to win your own Ez Tofu Press.
Korean Soft Tofu Stew Recipe
I love creating new recipes and since my daughter has recently become a Pescetarian I am trying to find new foods with protein that are healthy and she will enjoy. I just got a brand new EZ Tofu Press and so a friend suggested this recipe. It was my first time making it but I’m sure it will be made a lot more since it is now a family favorite. The ingredients are pretty easy but make sure you have them all ahead of time to save the hassle of having to run to the store. Feel free to print this to save for later. It is a delicious and hearty stew!
First get your tofu and remove all of the excess water using the EZ Tofu Press leave it while you get all of the other ingredients out. Before adding to recipe remove the tofu from the EZ Tofu Press and slice it into strips about 2-3 inches long.
EZ Tofu Press (available on Amazon for $19.99).
1 teaspoon vegetable oil.
1 teaspoon Korean chili powder.
1 Tablespoon Korean soybean paste.
1 Cup water.
1 teaspoon salt.
1 teaspoon pepper.
1 package (12 oz) soft tofu drained and sliced.
1 green onion, chopped.
1 package small oysters.
1 package small shrimp.
In a large sauce pan heat vegetable oil. Stir in chili powder and soybean paste until mixed. Add water and bring to boil. Add salt and pepper. Gently drop tofu into soup. Add oysters and shrimp. Cook until tofu is heated, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add egg into the soup. Do NOT stir (you’ll break up the egg). Gently scoop into bowls. Garnish with green onion.
Print It here:
For this recipe we tripled it and had enough for 4 people as a main dish.
Prep time: 5 minutes.
Cook time: 15 minutes.
If you do not eat seafood simply omit it and have the tofu only. You can also add more salt and pepper to taste.
22 Fun Adult Drinks & Cocktails
Fun adult drinks you can make at home. Margaritas, sangria, slushies, martinis and more. Great for holiday parties, New Years, summer fun and more. Share with your friends. Easy to print recipes.
- Cranberry Lime Vodka Tonic (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Crash & Burn Cocktail (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Tropical Bay Breeze Cocktail (Spend With Pennies).
- Mint Cucumber Lime Crush (Gray is the New Black).
- Strawberry Pina Colada Lava Flow (Swanky Recipes).
- Three Ingredient Sangria (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Blackberry Lemon Ginger Fuzz (The Frugal Fairy).
- Appletini (Baking Beauty).
- Orange Grapefruit Margarita (Family, Food & Travel).
- Peach & Honey Sangria Slushies (Snappy Gourmet).
- Blood Orange Paloma (My Suburban Kitchen).
- Chocolate Banana Martini (Tales of a Ranting Ginger).
- Mixed Berry Moscato Sangria (The Baking Fairy).
- White Wine Strawberry Lemonade Sangria (Fancy Shanty).
- Strawberry Limeade Rum Punch (All She Cooks).
- Blue Hawaiian Cocktail (Baking Beauty).
- Adult Root Beer Float (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Lemon Meringue Martini (Honey & Lime).
- Watermelon Mojito (Call Me PMC).
- Blueberry Passionfruit Margarita (Family, Food & Travel).
- Lemon, Lime & Mink Lemonade (Pastels & Macaroons).
- Twisted Red Kinky Porn Cocktail (Tales of a Ranting Ginger).
Chalkboard Rice Krispies
These chalkboard rice krispie treats are great for the first day of school or to celebrate the 100th day of school. Make for the kids when they get home. Make with the kids if you homeschool. You can even send with them to classes. They are easy to make, adorable and delicious. You can even take this idea and make Rice Krispie treats that say something else, like make them for Christmas or Valentine’s Day. The recipe is below for you to print.
The ingredients are simple and cheap. This is a project you can have little ones help with too.
First make rice krispie treats like you normally would (recipe below). After they are cut you can coat the top of them with chocolate. Next cut some Air Heads into long strips. Kitchen scissors will work fine. You can do these in red, blue, green or all three colors.
Once the black chocolate is dry add the strips to the top of the rice krispie treat, overlapping on the corners.
Use white tube icing to decorate.
This recipe will yield 6 Chalkboard Rice Krispies:
9×9 pan Rice Krispies (recipe below)
1 Tablespoon solid shortening
1 cup Wilton black candy melts
2 large red Airhead candies
2 large blue Airhead candies
2 large green Airhead candies
White icing tube
RECIPE FOR RICE KRISPIES
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
DIRECTIONS FOR RICE KRISPIES
1. Spray a 9×9 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
2. In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
3. Add the marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until well-coated.
5. Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
6. Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 6 large bars.
HOW TO DECORATE
1. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and place the 6 Rice Krispies bars on the sheet. Set aside for later.
2. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tablespoon solid shortening for 45 seconds or until melted. Add the black candy melts and stir until melted. (You may have to microwave in additional 10 second increments until the candy is smooth and melted).
3. Dip the tops of the Rice Krispies bars into the melted black chocolate and place back on the cookie sheet for 30 minutes to harden. Or, if you find it easier, you can just use a spatula to spread the melted chocolate on top of each bar.
4. To make the border around each chalkboard, cut each candy Airhead into 4 strips.
5. Lay the strips along the outer edge of each Rice Krispies bar and gently press down. (You may have to trim the pieces depending on the size of your bars). They will easily stick to the Rice Krispies treats thanks to the gooey marshmallows.
6. With the white tube of icing, pipe your favorite back to school phrases on the chalkboards.
Festive Treats for National Apple Month!
While we don’t have cool enough weather in Southern California to grow apple trees, we do have an abundance of them at the grocery stores. my favorite are Gala and Honey Crisp. For those of you that love fall and want to enjoy some delicious apple recipes, check out these two easy ones. I’m jealous of those that have apple trees in their yard but happy I can still create these desserts at home. They are great for Thanksgiving and Christmas too and easy to transport for a potluck.
Viki’s Granola Baked Granola Apple
3 tablespoons cold butter, diced
3 tablespoon dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon brown sugar
Pinch of salt
4 apples, washed and dried
1 cup of Viki’s Granola Apple Cinnamon
Vanilla ice cream
Preheat oven to 375°. In a bowl combine butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Take good care to mash everything together with a fork. Use a melon baller, apple corer or paring knife to remove apple cores; don’t go all the way through. Place apples in a small baking dish and fill with butter mixture and bake for 30-40 minutes. To serve top with Viki’s Apple Cinnamon Granola and a scoop of ice cream.Viki’s Granola is made with 100% all natural ingredients, gluten-free and baked with love. It has a fresh, soft, chewy texture and no artificial aftertaste. Available in five delicious flavor and available in snack packs.
I’ve never heard of an ice cream recipe that had olive oil in it but just check it out! Once you bake it you’ll understand how awesome it is and how all the ingredients fit nicely into this sweet treat.
Gaea’s Baked Pears with Chocolate Ice Cream and Olive Oil
1 pound semi-sweet chocolate ice cream
2 3/4 tablespoon butter
4 tablespoon brown sugar
8 pears, peeled and cut in half, seeds removed
Juice and zest of 1 orange
4 Tbsp. Gaea Kalamata D.O.P Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Place shallow pan over heat and add butter and sugar. Stirring constantly over low flame, allow mixture to caramelize. Add pears and turning over frequently cook them for about 10 minutes or until they caramelize. Add orange zest and juice and remove pan from heat. Place a large scoop of chocolate ice cream in each bowl, arrange 2 pears around it together with the pan liquid. Sprinkle with black pepper and drizzle pears with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil.
Gaea Kalamata D.O.P Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from the P.D.O. region of KALAMATA in the southwest Peloponnese and has flavor profile that includes an intense aroma of green banana and perennial herbs and a bright, peppery flavor of fresh green olives rich in antioxidants.