Blueberry Chocolate Chip Walnut Muffins
We love making muffins (and love eating them). These are super easy and a lot cheaper than buying them in the store. They are best served warm and are great to have with a glass of milk.
Silicone cupcake liners from Amazon work great you can also use cooking spray. For the butter we used Organic Ghee Clarified Butter by Carrington Farms. They also have cooking oils and cooking oil spray.
Whole bunch of awesomeness in one mix! Ready to bake. They will rise so don’t fill them too full. People either love or hate these. Some think it is too many ingredients for a muffin. I love them, especially warm.
MMMMmmmm! Be sure to print the recipe below.
Check out my Jelly Donut Muffins Recipe too. Almost the same batter.
Jelly Donut Muffins
These muffins were super easy to make and they are great for breakfast, dessert or just a mid-day treat. I had the kids help make them and while it was a little messy, we had fun in the kitchen and had a sweet treat afterwards. When making these make sure you let them cool off a little before eating them since the jelly inside gets hot. They are definitely delicious served warm.
I first started with a basic muffin mix. This mix can be used for other types of muffins too (we used leftover batter to make Blueberry Walnut Chocolate Chip muffins).
Add Some batter than alternate with jam and more batter.
The kids were a little messy. The recipe asks for 1 teaspoon of jelly or jam to the middle.
We topped with more batter and then baked them.
Delicious warm and everyone asked for seconds.
Click to print recipe:
We used the leftovers to make Blueberry Walnut Chocolate Chip muffins.
Recipe for Homemade Strawberry Jam.
Check Out MasterChef Jr With Blue Apron
I love Blue Apron and have tried it a few times! Awesome meals delivered to my door and super fresh! Well, besides how amazing they are they are now teaming up with a new season of the show MasterChef Junior (SQUEAL). I love cooking shows and seeing kids to it is even more entertaining! Grab your kids and check out season five that just started this week. Join Gordon, Christina and some special guests for lots of fun, exciting challenges and competitions with young home chefs.
Mushroom & Potato Pizza with Fontina Cheese, Spinach & Garlic Oil
None of us had ever had potatoes on a pizza before. My son did not even want to try it but we coaxed him. The pizza was sensational! Definitely full of flavor. I think the seasons and unique toppings gave it extra texture and depth to whole new level of pizza.
Ms K. cutting up the mushrooms and other veggies. Mushrooms on the left and spinach leaves on the right… YES, these are going on a pizza. Shortcut to roll out the dough. Add the Sauce, Tomatoes, Mushrooms…
Spinach and Cheese is next…Now Ready For The Oven
All done! We cooked it a tiny bit too long (opps, didn’t set the timer) but it was still delicious and I had seconds.
Spiced Beef & Pickled Onion Tortas with Cara Cara Orange, Radish & Romaine Salad
These were easy to make but the very last step, toasting the bread in the pan, didn’t work. I think we overstuffed the bread and it was hard to keep everything from falling out. We have one pestcaterian in our family so we made three with the spiced beef and a fourth with a salmon patty. I’d never had orange slices in a salad before but it was a nice, refreshing twist that was easy.
Check out what we received and my person Junior Chef helped me create. We received two meals to create at home. Both took 10-15 minutes to prep, 25-35 minutes to cook and had a serving size of four. We made both of them, so we can try both, and had leftovers for the next day. The recipes did require for us to read them all the way through first to completely understand the steps but were easy to make.
Toasted delicious bread. onions boiled with vinegar, sugar, water and a pinch of salt than drained. After they cooled they were added with lettuce and seasoned and cooked spicy beef to the bread and cheese was added on the other side.
Sliced beef with seasoning mixed in.
Finished sandwich. Viola! Delicious side view of the sandwich. The salad was a perfect pairing!
Having my daughter help with the whole thing made the meal making a lot quicker and we enjoyed chatting while we cooked. I think it is important to get kids in the kitchen to help with meals (and clean up) so that they understand the ingredients and where they come from and also appreciate the food more. Blue Apron meals can be ordered online and delivered to your door. Lots of meal choices and options with diet, size of family, frequency of delivery, etc.
Now we can sit down and get into season five of MasterChef Junior and cheer the teams on while they create fantastic dishes.
To-Die-For Tuna Melt Sandwiches
These are seriously the best tuna melt sandwiches I have ever had. Great for a rainy day with soup. I’ve only had tuna melts in a deli. This was my first time creating them at home. The tuna is from SafeCatch. Wild albacore tuna. I got the recipe from my friend at Joeography (check out his page for awesome travel and photography posts). He is also a fantastic cook.
The tuna used for this, from SafeCatch is the healthiest tuna (for humans and the planet) I’ve seen on the market. It is tested for mercury, is dolphin safe, BPA-free and more. The actual ingredient list on the label: Albacore Tuna. Some of the varieties have salt. That is it.
Safe Catch Wild Albacore Tuna
Using the best tuna for the most awesome tuna melt sandwiches. The recipe was easy to follow and quick to make.
Sandwiches almost ready to go in the oven. You can make them as an open-faced sandwich or add another slice of bread on top.
Ingredients (you can print recipe below):
- 4 cans tuna, drained.
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise, plus more for spreading.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice.
- 1 teaspoon salt.
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper.
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled.
- 4 slices crusty bread.
- 8 thin slices tomato.
- 8 slices provolone.
- Mix everything except bread, tomato and provolone.
- Spread additional mayo on bread slices.
- Divide tuna equally on each slice of bread.
- Top with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of cheese.
- Broil for approx 10-15 minutes, or until center is hot.
30 Valentine’s Day Recipes For Kids
Here are some really fantastic recipes. Simple ones kids can help make and some you can make for them. Breakfast, snacks and dessert. Great way to make Valentine’s Day a fun day without spending a lot of money. Add a touch of red food dye to milk. Have pink pancakes. There is even heart-shaped pizza. Make Valentine’s Day memorable the whole day long. You can even create some of these for their class, friends or your sweatheart.
- Sugar Cookie Valentine Day Brownies (The Monday Box).
- Vanilla Cupcakes With Strawberry Frosting (Say Grace).
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies (Baking Beauty).
- Easy Heart Pretzels (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Chocolate Peppermint Popcorn (Atlanta’s Mom).
- Heart-Shaped Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispy Treats (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Raspberry Heartcakes (Strength & Sunshine).
- Sprinkle Me With Love Cupcakes (Slapdash Mom).
- Be My Valentine Sugar Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cupcakes (Baking Beauty).
- Mini Valentine’s Cookies (Living Sweet Moments).
- Valentine’s Day Puppy Chow Mix (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Kiss Cookies (The Monday Box).
- Copycat Bounty Bar Hearts (Allergy Girl Eats).
- Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies (The Baking Fairy).
- Heart Shaped Food For Kids (Kennarry).
- Jello Hearts (Ann’s Entitled Life).
- Pancake Ice Cream Sandwiches (The Worktop).
- Strawberry Cookie Butter Heart Waffles (Honey & Lime).
- Chocolate Ganache Filled Sugar Cookie Cups (Happy Deal Happy Day).
- Chocolate Chip Raspberry Granola (Strength & Sunshine).
- Valentine’s Day Cupcakes (Easy Peasy & Fun).
- Strawberry White Chocolate Hearts (Family Food & Travel).
- Valentine’s Day Chocolate Pretzel Bites (Sugar, Spice & Family Life).
- Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Bouquet (Six Dollar Family).
- Valentine Chocolate Chip Cookies (My Three Kittens).
- Red Pancake Hearts (The Frugal Navy Wife).
- Valentine’s Day Fruit Kabobs (Aileen Cooks).
- Red Velvet Poke Cake (Baking Beauty).
- Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes (The Baking Fairy).