Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
These are amazing cookies for any occasion. They are easy to make and the ingredient list is all common household ingredients. Make to bring to a potluck or just to cure a sweet tooth craving at home. Perfect for a afternoon baking with the kids and then having these after dinner, as a fun, family dessert. Teaching kids ways veggies, like carrots, can be added to desserts is an added bonus (there are lots of ways to add veggies to foods).
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1/2 C light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 C freshly grated carrots
1 container of cream cheese frosting
- 3 C chopped pecans
- 1 cheese grater
- 1 cookie sheet, fitted with parchment paper
Makes 2 dozen. You can double the recipe to make more.
Grated carrots smell great and add texture, veggies and moisture to the cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Shred the carrots using a cheese grater and set aside
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt
- Using a standing mixer, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually mix in the flour until combined
- Stir in the shredded carrots
- Using a ice cream scoop, scoop some of the cookie dough batter onto the cookie sheet
- Bake for 12-14 minutes
- Once baked, let cookie sheet sit on the counter for a few minutes or until the cookies are cooled enough to transfer to a wire rack
- Bake remaining dough
- Once cookies are completely cooled, frost the top with cream cheese frosting
- Pour the chopped pecans into a large bowl
- Roll the edge of the cookies in the chopped pecans
- Repeat with remaining cookies