Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
This is a easy and quick recipe using pre-cut squash from Straight From the Root. Since the butternut squash is already peeled, cut and ready to go it made this soup super fast to make. I think the total prep time was under 10 minutes and that includes the bag being in the microwave. Perfect for a busy day and healthier than eating out. I love growing butternut squash in my garden but it is a pain to cut in half and I have to cook it enough to soften it before I could do any food prep with it. This adds a lot of additional time. Using Straight From the Root organic butternut squash made the recipe a lot quicker. Scroll to the bottom to print the recipe.
Butternut squash is high in fiber, potassium and vitamin B-6. There are health benefits ranging from aid in weight loss to help with inflammation. It has almost 50% of your daily Vitamin C and helps with lowering blood pressure. Not only all this, it is relatively cheap in stores and very versatile with recipes including some making squash noodles to replace wheat pasta to make meals lower in carbs and healthier.
Easy To Make Butternut Squash Soup
- Prep: Head up organic butternut squash for 60 seconds in the microwave.
- Let cool off a minute or two (so that it isn’t too hot in the blender).
- Cut bag open and add to blender with remaining ingredients.
- Puree in blender until desired consistency.
- The ingredients are very forgiving and you can add more or less of items you like. For me, I love cinnamon and it is a product known to help lower blood sugar. So I don’t mind adding it to any recipe I can. You can make the butternut squash soup ahead of time and serve warm or cold (but personally I hate cold soup).
The soup itself isn’t super pretty. I think adding a sprig or basil or slice of avocado on top would make it more appealing to kids. Maybe even a dash of cinnamon (can never have too much). This fantastic bowl of soup took so little time and tasted amazing. If you like spicy things feel free to add a dash of cayenne pepper to kick it up a notch or two.
- 2 boxes organic Butternut Squash from Straight From the Root.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar.
- 1/4 cup milk.
- Dash or two of cinnamon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.Serve immediately or save for later. I also made an amazing roasted sweet potatoes recipe with sweet potatoes from Straight From the Root. They also have beets and carrots. You can eat them straight from the bag or add them into your favorite recipes.