Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Who wants to try this coconut shrimp? This is an amazing recipe to make for dinner. If you don’t have an air fryer yet it is a must-have for easy and quick cooking. I love how these ingredients are normal household items and whole thing is quick to make. Don’t forget to add some cocktail sauce or dipping sauce. Your family or guests will be raving about the meal for ages. Make sure to make plenty. They’ll be asking for seconds.
If you don’t have an air fryer you can check them out on Amazon. This Black & Decker is only $99. If you purchase frozen shrimp please make sure it is defrosted but still chilled before making the coconut shrimp.
If you love this recipe. Please print it and share it. If you have your own spin off by changing the recipes around I’d love to know your special ingredients you use to make this recipe unique.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- 16 oz large shrimp (about 16 to 20), peeled to the tail.
- 2 egg whites.
- 1/2 cup panko.
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut.
- 1/2 tsp salt.
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper.
- spray can of olive oil.
- Pre-heat the air fryer to 400F.
- Set the shrimp on a flat surface that is covered with paper towels.
- Pat the shrimp dry.
- Place the eggs in a shallow dish whisk.
- Add your panko, coconut, and seasonings in a separate bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Dredge each shrimp first in the egg mixture, and finally press it into the breadcrumb-coconut mixture to coat all sides.
- Place the shrimp on a plate and set to the side.
- Air-fry the shrimp in two batches.
Ingredients in three bowls: shrimp, egg mix and dry mix.
Ready to fry. Ready to serve. I love to squeeze fresh lemon juice over seafood and dip it into some honey barbecue sauce.
Scroll down to print the recipe.