5 Vegetarian Dishes & Snacks That Taste Great
The older I get the more people I know that are vegetarian, pescatarian or vegan. It is hard to have healthy meals or snacks to accommodate everyone but here are a few favorites. Just grabbing food doesn’t work. You want it to be tasty and delicious for everyone. Dive in and enjoy some new ideas that can work for your friends and family.
1. I love the Cauliflower Pilaf from Cedarland Natural Food. They also have tamales, burritos and breakfast foods. The Roasted Chile Rellenos are fantastic too.
2. UrthBox is a monthly subscription box full of vegan treats. Chips, cookies, dried fruit, on-the-go bars and even drinkable soup. They are from a variety of companies and have healthy ingredients and all are 100% vegan. You can join their club and earn member points too. Not all boxes are vegan but they are organic and all natural. There are four box sizes to choose from and you can send them as a gift too.
3. You can’t go wrong with nuts! Nuts are high in protein and a delicious snack. Setton Farms has a variety of pistachio products including these Pistachio Chewy Bites. They are a mix of pistachios and cranberries with agave nectar. Each one is only 8 carbs, 6 1/2 grams of fat and they have 7 grams of protein.
4. When all else fails, make a salad. Great idea for at home or a potluck where you need to bring a vegetarian dish. You can make it a summer salad, green salad, fruit salad, etc. Get creative. Just make sure any ingredients that are not fruits or vegetables are still vegetarian. I love my Quick Dry Salad Spinner by CaveTools. It is built well and is sturdy and is a great way to get rid of excess water in your lettuce so that your salads are wet or watery. The salad spinner even comes with 30 delicious salad recipes. Use code: SALAD15 to get 15% Off.
5. Make a simple dish, like spaghetti. It is foolproof and you can throw in some garlic bread and a salad for a complete meal. Just make sure the sauce does not have meat in it.
When in doubt, consult a vegetarian cookbook. I like Forks Over Knives (good movie too). It has over 300 plant-based recipes you can make at home.