10 Ways To Keep Your Body Clean This Summer
With summer here it means most people are in the sun a lot more, at barbecues and parties and aren’t doing as much to keep their body healthy. Here are a few tips to keep your body clean- on the inside and out- so be healthy and keep your skin looking young.
- Wear sunscreen. Always. If you are outside at a ball game, at the beach or watching your kids run around and play at the park. Most people easily forget that sunscreen should be applied a few times a day. Even water resistant sunscreen should replied every 80 minutes. My sister applies sunscreen in the morning, as part of her morning routine. I always keep sunscreen in my car. That way if we do a spontaneous stop outdoors we can apply it. I like using Neutrogena’s sunscreen sprays. They are easy to apply and don’t leave a greasy residue. I’m extremely fair with freckles so I use SPF 100. Neutrogena makes from 30-100 plus it is available in a spray, lotion and stick and a baby sunscreen.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. If you are outdoors for extended hours it is good to wear sunglasses that have UV protection.
- Protect your skin if you are at the beach or in the water with UV clothing. Great for infants, children and adults. I love these shirts by Little Leaves. They are lightweight and come in very cute style and colors.
- Protect your hair while outside. It is great to wear a hat but if you are like me, you might feel too hot wearing a hat. I love Super Comb Prep & Protect by Luniere d’ hiver. They have an assortment of hair products for protection, styling and hold.
- Quit drinking soda. Even if it is diet, it isn’t good for you. The more water you drink the better your skin will look and feel. Water is the best choice but you can try natural drinks, like Bruce Cost Ginger Ale. It is made with 100% fresh ginger and pure cane sugar. No extracts, no high fructose corn syrup, no dyes. It comes in original, Jasmine Tea, Pomegranate Hibiscus, Orange Ginger, Blood Orange & Lemon, and Passion Fruit. Plus the cans of Brooklyn Organics in Classic, Acai and other flavors. They have low cal, zero sugar, no artificial sweeteners, no colors, gluten-free, caffeine-free, kosher and vegan.
- If you want a mid-day or late night snack, choose one that is healthy. Almondina Toastees are light and sweet but not too filling. THey have no added salt or fat, no preservatives, are dairy-free and come in a few flavors, like Cranberry Almond, Coconut Orange Almond, Lemon Poppy Almond and Sesame Almond. Healthier than chips or friend foods and they are low-carb too.
- Another snack idea that is great for on-the-go is Mighty Beef Jerky. I even put some in my bag for my flight from L.A. to Michigan. They are all very low in carbs, high in protein and come in peppered, original, teriyaki, spicy jalapeno and even sea salt & Cracked pepper. The sticks and bars are great for purses, lunchboxes, hikes and the 2 oz bags are good for camping, fishing or even to keep in the car. I like having snacks in my car so I don’t stop by a fast food place when I’m hungry and still have errands to run.
- Keep your skin clean with a weekly mask by 7th Heaven. Available in mud masks, peel-off, exfoliating, soft-heat, clay and even fabric infused masks. They have over 30 different masks! I love the Charcoal Masque. It is a two-in-one deep cleaning and exfoliating mask for oily and combination skin. Each mask starts at just $1.99.
- Refresh your shoes with AirPlus Memory Plus insoles. Sometimes the insoles go before the rest of the shoe. You don’t always have to replace the whole shoe. Sometimes putting in new insoles gives new life to your shoes and helps with your back and knees. They are anti-fatigue and are super soft cushioning. They come in a few sizes and can be trimmed to fit your shoe.
- Get enough sleep. Every day! Just because it is summer does not mean your body needs less rest. Make sure you and your family gets enough sleep every night. This is good for overall health, for positive moods, for healthy skin and to prevent colds and flus.